Monday, September 28, 2009

Pumpkin Whoopies Pies



After my friend Melissa heard of my pumpkin obsession, she sent me this recipe for Easy Pumpkin Spice Cookies. I have seen many recipes like this before, but I had never tried them out until now. Boy, I've really been missing something GOOD! These cookies are beyond easy, so yummy & if eaten without nuts, chocolate chips or icing only 1 Weight Watcher point each! But since we are in the season of treats, I decided to sandwich 2 pumpkin cookies & some store bought cream cheese icing to make Pumpkin Whoopie Pies. Thanks Melissa these are delicious!

1 box spice cake mix
1 can pure pumpkin (15oz. can)
Non-stick cooking spray

*optional nuts or chocolate chips or 16oz can cream cheese icing

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 350. Spray cookie sheets with non- stick cooking spray.

In a large bowl mix together the cake mix and the canned pumpkin and optional items if you wish.

Drop cookie dough onto cookie sheets and then bake for around 10-12 minutes.

*Makes 48 cookies or 24 whoopie pies.

Kristin

1 comment:

  1. yum. i've made these before and they are definitely delicious. another way you can do it is to make cream cheese icing and just make it thinner than normal and do a drizzle on top. we love them that way.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails