Sunday, September 13, 2009

Hannah Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies



I love bananas. (Maybe because the word "banana" rhymes with "Hannah".) However, as with most things in my life, I'm very particular about the way I like them. I will only eat a banana that is still just a little green and it must be freckle-free. Since I'm the only one eating my bananas, sometimes I can't get to them before they get past the opportune banana lifecycle. Being picky about your bananas, amongst many other things, can sometimes lead to missed opportunities. But brown bananas need love, too. So I decided to look past all the freckles and yellow and brown (okay, let's be honest...totally brown) peel, and put these bananas to good use. I hope you enjoy this delicious recipe when you find yourself with some bananas that need some love.

Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 ripe bananas, mashed

1/2 cup butter, softened

2 eggs

1 cup white sugar

1 cup brown sugar

1 tsp. salt

1 tsp. baking soda

1 1/2 cups rolled oats

2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour

8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350. Combine bananas, sugars, butter, and eggs in a mixing bowl. Add the salt, baking soda, oats and flour and mix until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Spoon dough onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool on a wire rack.


Hannah

1 comment:

  1. so i made these last night and they were sooo tasty. i even used white whole wheat flour and it worked great. travis said, "these are the best homemade cookies i've ever had". thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails