
This recipe comes to us from Camille Bell, a sweet girl who used to go to church with me. I have made this recipe many times & I have only made one minor change. The original recipe calls for 1 (16 oz) jar of salsa & I swapped that for a can of Rotel. Not only do I love Rotel, but it is also much cheaper than a jar of salsa & we all know that I love cheap. I especially love the Cilantro & Lime Rotel but it is hard to find, though really good in these enchiladas. The BEST thing about this enchilada recipe is that it has no "Cream of ? Soup" in it. This food blog is dedicated to never using "Cream of ? Soup" thus providing you with healthier & not gross recipes.
Note: I have also made these vegetarian by leaving out the chicken & adding a little more cheese to the filling.
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 env. taco seasoning
1 (15 oz) can Rotel, drained
1 (15 oz) can seasoned black beans, drained
1 (8 3/4 oz) can whole kernel corn, drained
2 c Mexican blend shredded cheese, divided
1 (15 oz) can mild enchilada sauce
8 flour tortillas
2 Tbsp. sliced ripe olives
Prepare chicken with taco seasoning as directed on package of tace seasoning mix; cool 10 minutes. Stir in Rotel, beans, corn, & 1 cup cheese. Spread 1/4 cup enchilada sauce on bottom of 9x13 inch baking dish. Place 2/3 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla; roll up. Place in dish, seam side down, on top of sauce. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over tortillas; sprinkle with remaining cheese & olives. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and filling is hot.
Another note :This enchilada was Patrick's - he doesn't like olives.
Kristin
No comments:
Post a Comment