Sunday, October 4, 2009

Golden Chicken with Autumn Vegetables


My Mom first found this recipe many years ago on an advertisement page in a cooking magazine for Swanson Chicken Broth . Then a few years ago, after we had made it a number of times, the recipe showed up on the back of the Swanson Chicken Broth can. I always look forward to the Fall when I can start making this recipe again & have my home fill up with the scents of sweet potatoes and rosemary. This recipe is quick & easy, uses fresh ingredients & a great combination spices to make the perfect Fall dinner.

Note: The original recipe also called for garlic. My Mom forgot to add it in the pot & I only noticed that it was missing when I went to copy the recipe. We decided that it was perfect as is & the garlic would only compete with the other spices. I'm sure the original recipe can be found somewhere online to show the measurement for the garlic, but I think it pretty great without it!

4 chicken breast halves
1 cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled & cut up
1 box (9oz) frozen cut green beans or 2 cups fresh whole green beans

In a nonstick skillet over medium/high heat, cook chicken until browned on oth sides. Add broth, parsley, spices & beans. Bring to a boil. Cover & cook over low heat for 20 minutes or until done.

Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails