
My sweet Granny saved a section of the Sunday newspaper a couple weeks ago because she thought I might want some of the recipes. To humor her I cut out a couple--this being one of them. I tweeked the recipe slightly, so Kristin said I could actually call this "Hannah's Cream Cheese Apple Tart". It's very easy, very quick and very tasty. In fact, it's so tasty that it won second prize tonight at The Apple Country Fair at church. I must add that I'm not bitter about second place. If you know me, you probably don't believe me, but I tried the first place winner and it was deserving of its prize!
tart
9 Rhode's rolls, thawed and risen (according to directions on bag)
1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 21-ounce can apple pie filling
topping
2/3 cup oats
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/4 cup butter, melted
Knead rolls into a ball. Roll dough into a 13-inch circle and place on a sprayed pizza pan or pizza stone. Mix cream cheese, sugar, egg, vanilla and cinnamon together. Spread on dough. Top with apple pie filling. Combine all ingredients for topping and sprinkle on top of filling. Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes or until golden brown. (I baked mine for 22 minutes.)
No comments:
Post a Comment