
My mom has been making this salad for as long as I can remember. We ALWAYS have it on special occasions, definitely on Thanksgiving. When I was a kid I thought, since my family loves this salad, that all families must eat it on their special occasions, too. Now that I am aged, I've learned that just because my family did something one way not ALL families do it the same. So I am happy to post this recipe & pass it on to other families so that they might enjoy its goodness on their special days too!
We had this on both Thanksgivings but on the first my Mom mixed it up a bit (scary, right?) & made the Jell-O layer a little different. She used one Raspberry Jell-O & one Orange Jell-O, and a can of whole cranberry sauce, and the small can of pineapple. It was delicious & that is the one featured in the picture.
1 1/2 c. crushed pretzels
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. melted butter
1 (8 oz.) pkg. Philadelphia cream cheese
1/2 c. powdered sugar
1 sm. pkg. Cool Whip
2 small pkg. strawberry Jello
2 c. boiling water
16 oz pkg. frozen strawberries
1 sm. can crushed pineapple
We had this on both Thanksgivings but on the first my Mom mixed it up a bit (scary, right?) & made the Jell-O layer a little different. She used one Raspberry Jell-O & one Orange Jell-O, and a can of whole cranberry sauce, and the small can of pineapple. It was delicious & that is the one featured in the picture.
1 1/2 c. crushed pretzels
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. melted butter
1 (8 oz.) pkg. Philadelphia cream cheese
1/2 c. powdered sugar
1 sm. pkg. Cool Whip
2 small pkg. strawberry Jello
2 c. boiling water
16 oz pkg. frozen strawberries
1 sm. can crushed pineapple
Mix pretzels, sugar and butter. Spread mixture over bottom of9 x 13 baking dish. Bake at 325 degrees for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
Blend cream cheese, powdered sugar and Cool Whip and spread over pretzel layer. Dissolve strawberry Jello in 2 cups boiling water. Add frozen strawberries and drained pineapple. Chill until partially jelled. Then pour over the cream cheese mixture. Refrigerate.
Kristin
No comments:
Post a Comment