Saturday, August 1, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball

Words cannot describe how wonderful this cheese ball tastes! It is a sweet version of the typical savory holiday cheese ball served with crackers. I serve this chocolate chip cheese ball with honey & chocolate graham crackers (or themed cookies like Cars for Will's birthday). I am always looking for an excuse to make this delicious appetizer. A birthday party, Thanksgiving, Christmas or anytime family & friends get together - so that I won't eat the entire thing by myself! I do substitute miniature semisweet chocolate chips instead of the pecans. My picky husband doesn't like nuts & even though I do like pecans, I still prefer this rolled in the chocolate chips, too. Just roll the chilled cheese ball in the leftover chocolate chips from the bag & serve! Be sure to sneak a bite of this cheese ball directly from a spoon. Mmmm- this surely won't disappoint any sweets lover! Recipe from The Mormon Cookbook Funeral Potatoes, Green Jell-O Salad & Other Secret Combinations.

1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened (no substitutes)
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup powdered sugar
2 Tablespoons packed brown sugar
3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup finely chopped pecans

Graham crackers or Honey Maid Chocolate Sticks

Beat the Cream Cheese, Butter, and Vanilla until fluffy. Gradually add in the sugars, and beat until just combined. Stir in the Chocolate Chips and refrigerate for 2 hours. Place Cream Cheese mixture onto a piece of plastic wrap and shape into a ball and refrigerate for at least 1 more hour. Then roll the ball in Pecans and serve with graham crackers.

Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails